Please contact us if you require any further help or information. You can call, email or write to us.
Name: Emily Smith
66 Stewart Street,
The Multiple Sclerosis Society of New Zealand (MSNZ) is a non-profit organisation formed to advocate for systemic change so people with MS in New Zealand have access to first world treatment, resources and services to improve their well-being and quality of life. The work of MSNZ aims to reduce the burden of MS on those diagnosed, their carers and families.
Our website can offer a wide range of information on all aspects of living with MS in New Zealand.
MSNZ provides support, information, educational resources and training opportunities to our member organisations, 18 independent regional societies, who provide support to people living with MS in their communities.
Our Regional Societies offer a wide variety of support and services for people with MS, families, employers and carers affected by the condition. Each society employs trained Field Workers that offer support and guidance on a wide range of matters including:
• Advice and information on Multiple Sclerosis symptoms and management
• Access to information resources developed and provided by MSNZ
• A range of support, social and exercise groups in your region
• Advice on local services and supports
• Guidance on work and income issues
• Support with applications to the Lottery Individuals with Disabilities fund
• Individual advocacy to ensure people with MS receive the best services in their community
• Contact your Regional Society to find out more about the services available in your community.
• Some regional societies also offer physiotherapy, yoga classes, hydrotherapy at local pools, as well as assistive devices for daily living.
For more information about Multiple Sclerosis, the services of MSNZ or our Regional Societies visit our website or contact us by phone or email.
We have 18 independent Regional MS Societies providing support services to people affected by MS in their local communities. The details for these can be found on our website.
Legal Name: Multiple Sclerosis Society of New Zealand
Also known as: MSNZ
Charities registration #: CC10861