- why join Include A Charity?
Include A Charity is the result of many New Zealand charities working together to do what no single charity has ever been able to achieve on its own; change the way New Zealanders think about including charities in their will.
Gifts in wills form the foundation of many New Zealand charities. Without them, many charities simply would not exist and countless charities are missing out on this game changing opportunity with their supporters.
Our main goal is to encourage more people to include gifts in their wills. Fewer than 8% of New Zealanders do so currently, yet over 30% say that they would, so there is enormous potential to increase this by encouraging and planting that seed of an idea; helping to make gifts in wills a social norm in New Zealand.
We know, from research, and from overseas experience (including in the UK and Australia) that these campaigns do work!
Our aim is to double the number of people including a gift in their will over the next six years, generating a significant pool of additional income to the not-for-profit sector in New Zealand.
Include a Charity is a powerful resource for charitable organisations to improve the effectiveness of their bequest marketing, by increasing efficiencies, imparting expertise and growing capabilities in this specialist form of fundraising.
Membership benefits include:
- year round profile enhancement of your cause to people aged 50 plus (1.49M)
- the opportunity to increase bequest income and achieve long term sustainability
- promotion to a large and varied group of prospects that members (both large and small) could not attract on their own
- free bequest programme training for member charities (their staff and volunteers) to engage bequest prospects
- access to quality resources to assist you in developing a professional bequest programme
- sector research and advocacy
- public recognition as key participant
- organisation exposure in selected communications
- Include A Charity professional endorsement, logo and proprietary media
- being part of the multiplier effect
- online access to bequest resources - advice, resources and research
- sharing in the online space and collaboration with other member charities
- social media profiling
To learn more about how to become a member of Include a Charity contact email@example.com or call 04 499 6223 or free phone 0508 64FINZ.
What our members say
- read some endorsements from our members here.
Include A Charity Week complemented by year-round online promotions
Throughout one week, 16-22 October this year, Include a Charity encourages charities to try to get more people talking and thinking about gifts in wills. Through TV and through targeted clever online and media marketing we run a public campaign and encourage Include a Charity’s members to reach out to their supporters and talk to them about gifts in wills. In 2016 Include A Charity Week ran from September 5-11.
In 2017 we will be online and reaching our target demographic, through a mix of maximising search engines and online display advertising.
By combining the efforts and resources of charities across New Zealand, we can work together to positively change the way people think, to plant that seed of an idea, about including charitable gifts in their wills and driving enquiries to the Include A Charity website, where member charities are featured.
Asking people to change the way that they have traditionally thought about donating and supporting their favourite charities is not an easy task and this change will not come about overnight. There has been no one single charity that has been able to do it so far.
By acting together, Include A Charity’s members can make a big difference and get many more people thinking about including charitable gifts in their wills and considering Include A Charity's members when doing so.
Include A Charity operates out of the Fundraising Institute of New Zealand's offices in Wellington, by FINZ.
We are part of an international alliance of charities from around the world who are all committed to encouraging gifts in wills.
Planning is now underway for Include A Charity week in October 2017 and we are actively seeking alternative sources of funding to grow the campaign.
To be involved, as a member charity, partner or as a sponsor, contact us: email: firstname.lastname@example.org call us on 04 499 6223 or free phone 0580 64FINZ.